2L1.5 Mineral Insulated cable is a 2 Core Light Duty (600 Volt) Solid Copper fireproof cable with a White PVC LSF Jacket. Mineral Insulated Copper Cable or MICC for short has many benefits over standard Fireproof cables for example due to its construction it will not burn and will not add to the spread of fire or provide any fuel for it. The essentially ingoranic construction also mens that it is un-affected by the effects of exposure to radiation, with the copper jacket providing an effective screen against electro magnetic pulsed (EMP's). Able to operate indefinitely on temperatures up to 250oC, at temperatures above this life expectancy will be reduced, but the cable will continue to operate up to the melting pint of copper which is 1,083oC.
- 2 x 1.5mm Solid Plain Annealed Copper Conductors
- Light Gauge Solid Copper Sheath Suitable for use up to 500 Volts
- Compressed Magnesium Oxide Insulation
- Manufactured to BS EN 60702-1:2002
- Current rating - 23 Amps
- Voltage Drop - 28 (Per Amp/per Metre mv)
- Earth Fault Loop Impendance (R1+R2) - 18.627 Ohms/Kilometer
- Maximum Conductor Resistance - 12.10 Ohms per 1,000 Metres at 20oC
- Cable Diameter - 7.2mm
- Weight - 156 kg Per 1,000 Metres
Let us and others know what you think of this product.
All reviews are extremely appreciated.